Thursday, April 9, 2015

MY 2 QUESTIONS: Where am I? And what am I going to eat?

I’ve never had a blog before.  Well except for the school blog that was forced on us by a principal who thinks he knows best.  I ‘used’ it for all of about a minute and then let it fade away, like most things this principal gets excited about. 
But lately I’ve thought more and more about writing a blog, and been encouraged to do so.  I see it as a way to get out my thoughts and frustrations, but mostly as a place to tell stories.  Stories about things I am passionate about -- travel and food and music.  Stories about my life – church and friends and family.  Stories about what frustrates me -- work and stupidity and whistling.  I’m not a great writer and sometimes I forget to write with correct punctuation and syntax but I’m going to try anyway.

So about those 2 questions – Where am I is a question that can be asked about so many situations in life.  Literally (yes, Megan, literally) I mean it in reference to my traveling.  You might say that traveling is my addiction.  I try to do it as much as possible.  I plan to write about my adventures and sightings.  If I’m feeling particularly introspective maybe I write about where I am in a deeper way, but let’s be honest, sometimes the shallow end is much more entertaining. 

What am I going to eat is much easier to explain.  I love the Food Network and I love trying to create what I see on Cupcake Wars, Chopped, and other fun shows.  These shows, and my family, inspire me to create interesting foods.  I don’t eat a lot of what I make but I, thankfully, have a very forgiving family that will taste just about anything I make.  I hope to share my cooking adventures, and maybe some pictures as well.  I also love to try new places to eat while on my adventures, usually with the help of Yelp.

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am already jealous and you haven't posted anything to make my mouth water or photos to make me wish I was there. That, my sister, is the power of an idea. Love you!

    ReplyDelete