The Entertainment Capital of the World. Sin City. A Gambler’s Paradise. Lost Wages. Yep, we’re talking about Las Vegas. A city with many nicknames but few that actually describe everything that you can do there. I have been able to spend a lot of time in Vegas in the past couple years. I don’t gamble, I don’t drink, I don’t participate in ‘adult-entertainment’, but I’ve always had a wonderful time when I visit. I always get asked what exactly I do there if not the things I mentioned. There is sooooo much!! I’ve made wonderful friends, had some great food, danced til I dropped and listened to some amazing music. But to those who don’t believe me, here’s a brief rundown of my last Vegas vacay to give you some ideas.
A couple weeks ago I enjoyed a weekend with some of the fun random friends that I met in Las Vegas almost 3 years ago; or was it 4? A few years ago on Dec 30th I got a call from Dani. She proposed an impromptu vacay to Vegas for New Years. I was up for that and we headed out about 4 hours later. Our New Years was uneventful but the day after was brilliant. We met V at Coyote Ugly on the first day of the year. She was surrounded by Marines. I’ve always been a great supporter of our military boys and Dani and I immediately noticed the group; Marines are always easy to spot. She was the only girl and we felt it our patriotic duty to get to know them all better. ;) We did and it’s been too much fun since then.
Anyway, we’ve been through a marriage and divorce with V and now her awesome new bf, Mike. (yep, he’s a Marine) We always meet up for New Years and any other time we can all get away. This trip was to celebrate her birthday, although it was a couple weeks late. We planned to meet on Thursday and party til Sunday and that is exactly what we did.
Dani and I knew we’d get there late and we planned to go to the hotel and meet up with them in the morning. Instead, after a series of texts, we arrived at Margaritaville and the fun began. I like Margaritaville, a lot. Not because I drink or am a huge fan of Jimmy Buffet or something like that. I like Margaritaville because it’s got a great (mostly) 80s cover band and an open dance floor. I love to dance and I was ready to get my groove thing on! We stayed there most of the night, and morning, and finally rolled into our hotel, to check in, around 3 am. On Friday, we slept late.
When we finally got up on Friday we met up to eat at the Carnegie Deli inside the Mirage. The food is good NYC deli food and it is ginormous! Afterwards we went back to V’s hotel to get ready for the night. It was Veteran’s Day so I did my best to support the troops. That night we hit up Coyote Ugly and ROK and ended the evening (morning) at Planet Hollywood for food. As Dani and I were walking back to our car a guy stopped us on the street staring at my shirt. He exclaimed, “You like the Mariners!” I replies, “It says Marines” and kept walking. He looked crushed. ;)
On Saturday Dani, Mel (friend of Vs) and I had the chance of a lifetime – according to Mel. She loves the Jersey Shore and I chuckled at it. And wouldn’t ya know it, Pauly D was in town and we had the hook-up. He was at the Palms Day Club and we were ON THE LIST!!! Yep, that list, the one that gets you in, free, without the line. So we went and it was kinda fun. She got her pics (me too) and then she was ready to go. No need to stay and be a groupie and for that, I’m grateful. We met up with Mike and V and headed for all-you-can-eat prime rib at Circus Circus – not my choice, but I’m usually up for anything. The food was good and everyone ate a lot.
Afterward dinner we want to do something different so we headed to Fremont Street. Mike, V and Mel had never been there and I really wanted to try out the zip line. It was brilliant! Live music in 3 different places and I DID THE ZIPLINE!! Mike did it with me and dealt with my over-excitedness (is that a word?) about doing it. When I asked if he was excited, his reply was “Well I fast-rope out of helicopters . . . but I’m excited for you!” What a good, and patient, guy!
On Sunday we all met up for Steak n Shake and then Dani and I hit the road. We took our time driving home and arrived pretty late. All in all, however, it was a wonderful weekend with great friends and something that I desperately needed at that point in my life. Someday, I may write about why, but that’s for another time. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment